Built by the Co-operative in 1892 as the world’s largest shoe factory. This Grade II Listed building has suffered almost 10 years of partial occupation leaving much of the complex falling into dereliction.
Creative re-use of factory largely into houses (own garden and front door) allowed the unlocking of ‘Change of Use‘ planning issue allowing the site to be redeveloped.
Zero affordable housing contributions negotiated.
Works phased over four phases with new build priming development cashflow.
Creation of 172 family residential units.
Refurbishment scheme has 100% underground parking, creating private and communal garden spaces on the ground level.
Achieves 15% renewable energy provision across the development with a combination of low energy construction, heat pumps and solar panels.
Appointment from inception to occupation.